The Kinetic inRide is a next-generation watt meter. The system uses the new Bluetooth Smart communication protocol found in the iPhone 4S and 5 and the iPad 3 and iPod Touch 5th generation to wirelessly pair a heart rate monitor and power sensor pod with the new Kinetic inRide iPhone App to measure wattage with any Kinetic fluid trainer.
The incredibly accurate fluid trainer power curve allows precise wattage readings at exact speeds as measured indoors on a Kinetic fluid trainer. Firmware in the inRide Sensor Pod measures speed and cadence at the tire and translates that to wattage with a simple equation. That data and the heart rate data is collected and displayed on the paired iPhone. Postworkout file sharing allows you to upload training data to your favorite web site or email files to a remote coach.
All current Kinetic fluid trainers including: the Road Machine, Rock And Roll and Pro Trainer are compatible with Kinetic inRide allowing the rider to capitalize on the benefits of a wattage-based training program.
● Kinetic inRide sensor and Heart Rate Monitor pairs with the iPhone 4s using Bluetooth Smart protocols, eliminating need for additional dongles
● Kinetic inRide sensor transmits power, cadence, speed and distance
● Personalized power and heart rate zone info based on rider lactate threshold or maximum heart rate
● Auto calculated wattage and HR zones show current, average, max heart rate and total time spent in each training zone during workout
● Kinetic inRide is only compatible with Kinetic fluid resistance trainers and is backwards compatible with all current models