Parma is an Israeli company with unique and patented mechanism that consists of screw bars on both sides of the opening. Traveling nuts are mounted on the screw bars and are in turn mounted to the louvers or bars that will close the opening. The rotation of the screw bars move the louvers up to open, and down to close the opening.
The screw based Parma mechanism is defined by its simplicity and durability. High quality engineering and production combine to create a mechanical environment that supports a large variety of applications, from glass louvers to Hurricane shutters.Parma’s Tilt & Stack louver can be installed in various orientations, allowing a wide variety of architectural and engineering applications.
The system louvers can be:
● Parma’s patented Tilt & Stack system can be installed as window shutter of superior quality, functionality, durability and appearance. Its louvers can be fully retracted, or tilted through a full 90 degrees when not stacked, providing full range of opening and closing options for ultimate control of air, light and privacy. The Louver’s dimensions, quality and exceptional durability safeguard homes from intrusion as well as the elements. Their look upgrades the appearance of any home. There is little or no infrastructure preparation required for installation. No need for the large storage box on the top. It is a shutter solution that is simply way ahead of all other solutions.
● The Parma Tilt & Stack vertical version is ideal for large openings, balcony enclosures, and the like. It also provides an excellent solution to places that require side protection or partitioning from the sun, winds, people, etc. Very useful when there is a desire to direct side wind inside. The same Tilt & Stack qualities are found in the vertical installation, allowing tilting and stacking in any direction, unparalleled control over air flow, light, privacy and view, as well as durability and strength.
● All of the benefits and features of the Parma system are available in the Pergola application. The Parma Pergola provides a full range of roof positions. Louvers can be stacked to either direction, and tilted both ways, or completely closed, satisfying any need in a matchless way.
● Versatility– Louvers can be fully or partially retracted, fully or partially tilted, or any combination of the two, for one of a kind air, light and privacy adjustments.
● Appearance – Unique and flexible louver designs (both profile and material) meet state of the art architectural home design requirements.
● Resistance – Can withstand severe weather conditions in all louver positions.
● Ease of Installation – minimum, or no structural preparation required.
● Robust – Protects against intrusion, as well as insulates against heat, cold and noise. The simple mechanical construction provides high operational reliability. The unique functionality, look, and the strong, sturdy Louvers of the Parma Tilt & Stack system, provide unsurpassed advantages to any installation, putting it way ahead of all other products.
Setting Parma Tilt & Stack louvers to a desired position is done with a click of a button. There are three preset buttons that allow for setting the louvers standard positions – fully closed, fully stacked, or tilted open.
In addition, there are four programmable buttons, giving the option of saving your favorite positions to the system’s memory. This provides for a total of seven preset louver positions.
Manual control systems are also available.
Customers may choose to install individual wall mounted control panels for each shutter, or a master control panel for operation of multiple shutters in a room or area. A remote control unit is available upon request. A central, master home unit, commonly mounted at the home’s entrance, is also available. This provides a variety of add-on features, such as:
● Simultaneous control of all Parma louvers in the house
● Interface with exterior weather sensors – rain, wind, etc.
● Cellular or web based communication, for operating from far.
● Timer and more..