The wood-burning Urbanfire was Modfire's original product. Designed to provide an outdoor design element that matched their 50s Phoenix ranch house and perfectly roasted marshmallows. The design appeal has extended well beyond their mid-century backyard, winning awards such as the 2011 Dwell on Design Best Furniture and Accessory – and gracing decks from San Diego to New York City.
The response to this little design has been amazing and has led to an entire collection of products. But the Urbanfire will always be their first love. It still sits on their patio. They have enjoyed its warmth in the evenings and bold design elements during the day. They now share it with us in the hope that it will enhance our life and space as it has their.
● The Urbanfire is manufactured from 14 gauge rolled steel. They are hand-rolled into a sleek cone designed to both direct the heat and provide a beautiful modern centerpiece for your outdoor space.
● Each one is then finished in the Modfire studio by one of their steel artisans. Seams are welded and smoothed, the distinctive openings are hand-formed, and the finish is applied.
● This wood-burning model is finished with a specially developed Ultra high-temperature charcoal powder-coat (designed to look like darkened natural steel) This finish offers superior corrosion resistance and exceptional protection from the elements.
● Each Urbanfire is unique and will have slight variations in size and finishing. In general, they measure 22" in diameter at the base, 9" at the top and stand 48". Average weight is about 60 lbs.
● The Urbanfire includes a hand hammered 14" fire bowl to hold your favorite wood or composite fire logs. Modfire recommends burning "chiminea chunks" for the perfect fire every time (available at your local firewood supplier). The firebowl is removable to help with ash disposal.