ICON Aircraft’s mission is to bring the freedom, fun, and adventure of flying to all who have dreamed of flight. The FAA’s dramatic 2004 regulation changes that created the Light Sport Aircraft category have redefined the possibilities for aviation and allowed ICON to “reinvent flying” by focusing on the consumer experience. ICON’s intent is to democratize aviation by fusing outstanding engineering with world-class consumer product design. The end goal is to create products that not only deliver great functional benefit but also deeply inspire us on an emotional level.
After years of development with some of the world’s best aerospace engineers and industrial designers, ICON Aircraft has released the first of its sport planes, the A5. The A5 delivers an exciting and safe flying experience in a bold design that communicates beauty, performance, and most importantly, fun. With over 1,000 delivery positions already assigned, the A5 has demonstrated unprecedented and broad market appeal. The A5 has also won numerous prestigious design awards and received much prominent media coverage.
– Seats: 2
– Maximum Takeoff Weight: 1430 lbs (648.64 kg)
– Useful Load: 430 – 530 lbs (195.04 – 240.40 kg) (option dependent)
– Baggage: 60 lbs (27.22 kg) (maximum)
– Fuel (Auto Gas or Av Gas): 20 gal (75.7 L)
– Maximum Speed (Vh): 105 kts (120 mph) (194 kmh)
– Range: 300 NM (555.6 km)
– Takeoff & Landing Distance: 750 ft (228.6 m)
– Engine (Rotax 912 iS): 100 hp