Inspired by the enduring French style of Porteur bicycles, first used by newspaper couriers in Paris, The Runwell delivers a classic blend of urban style and practicality. Meticulously designed to yield the best characteristics of a lugged steel frame and fork, Shinola has engineered The Runwell to handle predictably and smoothly for city riding, commuting and errand running.
Virtually maintenance free, courtesy of the high-end Shimano Alfine 11-speed internal hub, daily riders will never need to worry about adjustment, maintenance or exposure to rain and snow. Stopping power, in any weather condition, is assured with the quiet and smooth disc brakes. Internal cable routing keeps the cables out of sight and out of the elements. Racks and fenders fit easily onto the frame.
Responsive and predictable handling, classic and enduring style, low-to-no maintenance, stopping power in any weather condition, with an American-made frame and fork—The Runwell is truly a unique and worthy voice in the crowd.
● Grips | Shinola leather w/alloy grip clamps, 130mm
● Stem | Polished alloy, 1 1/8”, +/6º (*+/- 6º) rise
● Brakes | Shimano mechanical disc w/160mm rotors
● Brake Levers | Shimano levers
● Shifters | Shimano Alfine 11-sp RapidFire Plus
● Crankset | FSA, F. Gimondi, 44T ring
● Bottom Bracket | Shimano, cartridge
● Chain | Shimano, 1/2" x 3/32"
● COG | Shimano Nexus, 18T
● Front Hub | Shimano disc front, 32º, bolt-on
● Rear Hub | Shimano Alfine 11-sp disc rear
● Rims | Sun CR-18, 32º, one-eyelet, P/V, polished silver
● Spokes | DT Swiss Champion, 14g, stainless
● Tires | Continental Contact Reflex, 700x32C, w/reflective strip
● Pedals | MKS Sylvan Touring, aluminum, toe-clip compatible
● Saddle | Shinola leather, silver rails and rivets
● Seatpost | Polished alloy, 27.2mm x 350mm
● Extras | Front rack, bell and Shinola chainguard