Weiss Watch Company is offering a mechanical timepiece built in the USA. Each fully mechanical movement is a manually wound Caliber 1001 comprised of over 100 Swiss parts that are hand-finished and assembled in Los Angeles, California. The case and caseback are machined from one solid piece of stainless steel and polished individually by hand.
Sapphire crystals are used on the front and back of the case for strength and durability and display our highly finished movement inside. Hands are black oxide treated steel with luminescent Super-Luminova paint for legibility in the dark. Dials are machined from one solid piece of naval brass and have been hand painted for maximum legibility.
Each Standard Issue Field Watch is supplied with a durable and waterproof olive green Cordura canvas strap. The Standard Issue Field Watch is a limited production timepiece built by hand. Each individually numbered timepiece is delivered in their custom-built California pine wood box, also built by hand in the USA.
Weiss Watch Company is currently the only watchmaker in the United States designing, engineering, and manufacturing their own cases and dials, as well as finishing each movement by hand.
● Movement: Weiss Watch Company Caliber 1001 mechanical movement, 6497 base, finished and assembled in Los Angeles, California from Swiss parts
● Functions: Manually wound, 18,000 beats/hour, 46 hour power reserve, hours, minutes, sweep second hand at 9, incabloc shock protection
● Case: 316 stainless steel, 42mm diameter (not including crown), 12.8mm height
● Caseback: Sapphire crystal and 316 stainless steel exhibition caseback, secured by four 316 stainless steel hex screws
● Dial: Machined naval brass finished black with high visibility white numerals
● Hands: Black oxide treated steel with white Super-Luminova paint
● Front Crystal: Double-domed and beveled sapphire
● Back Crystal: Beveled sapphire
● Water Resistance: 330 feet/ 100 meters
● Band: 20mm olive green, waterproof, lined Cordura canvas, and 18mm stainless steel buckle
● Warranty: 2 Year Weiss Watch Company Warranty