Daqri has unveiled the next-generation Daqri Smart Helemt, powered by the 6th Gen Intel Core m7 processor and Intel RealSense technology. The Daqri Smart Helemt is an industrial-grade, human-machine interface that inserts real-time information – including Augmented and Mixed Reality work instructions, safety information, mapping and more – to maximize safety, productivity and well-being for workers in a variety of industrial settings.
Daqri founder and CEO Brian Mullins gave attendees a first look at the newest Daqri Smart Helemt and its capabilities with an on-stage demonstration during Intel CEO Brian Krzanich’s CES keynote. The Daqri Smart Helemt has been in the pilot phase with Fortune 100 partners across industries including aerospace, construction, oil & gas and more, and will be available for purchase beginning in Q1 2016.
Powered by the 6th Gen Intel processor, the newest version of the Daqri Smart Helemt now has five times the processing power and improved depth sensing capability, making it the most powerful Augmented Reality wearable device on the market.
“Intel is transforming industry with its advanced technologies. Intel powers some of the world’s most impressive products and, with the addition of its latest processor and RealSense technology into the Daqri Smart Helemt, we introduce the most advanced human-machine interface to the market,” said Mullins. “We have already demonstrated how the use of Augmented Reality hardware and software solves problems for our partners and, with the addition of Intel technology, we are supercharging the Daqri Smart Helemt so that we can continue to drive the future of work.”
“The future of smart and connected devices includes Augmented Reality,” said Bridget Karlin, managing director of Intel’s IoT Strategy Office and CTA board member. “The Daqri Smart Helemt is a great example of integrating advanced human-machine interface into existing devices to make something smart and solve a potential problem.”
● Sixth Gen Intel Core m7 processor
● Intel RealSense technology
● Daqri Intellitrack computer vision and navigation technology
● Industrial-grade, 360-degree sensor array with high-definition video
● Thermal vision sensors for predictive maintenance and enhanced worker safety
● 4D Augmented Reality displays offering an industry-leading field of view
● Designed for comfortable, all day wearability
● Live equipment data visualization
● Integration with Daqri 4D Studio augmented work instruction platform