Land Rover has announced the introduction of the new pinnacle of the Range Rover family, the 2016 Holland & Holland Range Rover. With production of just 30 examples slated to reach American shores, the Holland & Holland Range Rover represents a partnership between two iconic British brands that creates a vehicle which elevates each brand’s reputation for exclusivity, performance and fine bespoke workmanship.
Crafted by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) division, the 2016 Holland & Holland Range Rover adds subtle, yet significant updates to the flagship Range Rover SVAutobiography, including:
● Unique Holland & Holland green exterior paint treatment – the brand’s signature color
● Distinctive body colored front grille and door handles
● Holland & Holland badging on the side vents and tailgate
● The inside of the vehicle features specially engraved brightwork carrying the acanthus scroll design evident on many Holland & Holland products
● A unique dashboard finisher based on the diamond pattern used on the fore end of Holland & Holland rifles and shotguns
● Sustainably sourced polished French walnut veneers matching the wood used to manufacture Holland & Holland firearm stocks
● An exclusive espresso and tan interior color combination unique to the Holland & Holland Range Rover model
● Interior trimmed with extended tan leather surfaces, branded stitching on the seats, unique floor mats, luggage area
cover and Holland & Holland illuminated tread plates on all four door sills
● A rear cabin featuring executive seating with 17 degrees of recline and wood trimmed, electrically deployable tables
Perhaps most significantly, the rear loadspace has been updated to include a deployable, locking, leather trimmed gun case which accommodates two firearms4 from Holland & Holland. The case, which is securely affixed to the floor, can slide forward onto the lower tailgate for easier access when needed at the sporting grounds and can be removed for added luggage space, when not in use.
"The whole SVO team is very proud of this car, a bespoke design, which perfectly meets the very particular needs of Holland & Holland customers,” said John Edwards, Managing Director of Jaguar Land Rover Special Operations. “This shows the huge potential of SVO, which encapsulates both off- and on-road performance as well as luxury and craftsmanship."
On sale globally, the Holland & Holland Range Rover will be available in North America beginning Spring 2016.