The Lane Splitter helmet is a limited release in the USA crafted around Biltwell’s proprietary ABS outer shell and features a shock-absorbing EPS liner with hand-stitched interior padding, cheek pads and BioFoam chin bar cushion for comfort. Generous vents in the chin bar get the air flowing and the outlet in back lets hot air escape.
At the moment Lane Splitter helmets only meet US DOT standards. However they expect to have full ECE-approved helmets in late 2016. The only physical difference will be an injection-molded face shield (as opposed to the laser-cut version on this model) and a wider variety of finishes and colors.
The Lane Splitter shield boasts extremely accurate optics and simple hinge mechanics for high style and easy removal for replacement or cleaning. Replacement shields in a variety of colors and tints will be available later this year. A brass peg and hole configuration on the left side of the shield offers speedy opening and secure closing with little fanfare or complication. Mesh pockets are included in the ear recess–perfect for aftermarket drop in communication systems.
• Meets DOT safety standards
• Injection-molded ABS outer shell with hand-painted finish
• Expanded polystyrene inner shell
• Hand-sewn removable brushed Lycra liner w/ contrasting diamond-stitched quilted open-cell foam padding
• Audio pockets in ear recesses
• Injection-molded, laser CNC cut polycarbonate eye port shield with the same aluminum hinge covers and mounting hardware as our Gringo S helmets