Continuing to expand its award-winning Internet of Things ecosystem, Wemo, the smart home brand from Belkin, has announced at CES the Wemo Mini Smart Plug. The Smart Plug was on display at the 2017 International CES Show in Las Vegas.
“The International CES is the biggest coming-out party of the year for Wemo and the perfect place to debut our new Wemo products,” said Brian Van Harlingen, Belkin’s chief technology officer. “In 2016, we doubled down on our app, making enhancements to ensure that the Wemo experience is best-in-class, so we’re excited to launch two new pieces of hardware in early 2017. With Mini, we are rounding out our smart switch line-up, enabling new experiences and making Wemo even more approachable and easier to use.”
Big on smarts, but small in stature, the Wemo Mini is a smart plug that connects everyday household items to the Wemo app so you can control them from your phone or through voice commands. At half the size of the previous Wemo Switch, Mini's streamlined, stackable design maintains all of the same features as the original, but is specifically designed to stack on top of each other, allowing for two smart plugs in a single outlet. Wemo Mini also works with Amazon Echo and Google Home to control via simple voice commands, as well as the Nest Learning Thermostat’s Home and Away modes.
● Turn household electronics on or off from anywhere
● Smart timer rules to set schedules or turn devices on or off via sunrise or sunset
● Stackable design lets you use two Minis in one outlet
● Thermal cutout prevents overheating
● Operates over Wi-Fi or mobile Internet, at home and away
● Convenient WiFi technology, no hub required
● Plugs into any regular 120v wall outlet
● Free Wemo app
● Works with IFTTT, Amazon Echo, Google Home and the Nest Learning Thermostat