Kayak 1 is built in carbon ﬁbre by America’s Cup boat builders in New Zealand, with timber detailing made by the country’s most highly regarded furniture maker. In addition to a gloss carbon ﬁnish, gold plated brass ﬁttings, and teak timber work, Kayak 1 can be ordered in colours, materials and ﬁnishes to suit one’s requirements, making it a truly bespoke product.
Kayak 1 strikes an exquisite balance between contemporary materials and form, and traditional nautical styling.
● Length: 3.36 m / 12’ 10”
● Width: 0.79 m / 2’ 7”
● Height: 0.33 m / 1’ 1’’ including back rest
● Weight: 16 - 18 kg / 36 - 40 lb (varies according to customization)
● Hull material: Low temperature pre-preg carbon fibre
● Paint Finish: Durepox HP Clear primer and DuPont ChromaClear top coat, or as otherwise specified
● Fittings: Solid billet machined brass, gold plated, or as otherwise specified
● Timber: Solid teak and ash, or as otherwise specified