Avid today announced two new portable audio interfaces for composing and recording high-quality music — Avid Fast Track Solo and Fast Track Duo. Both interfaces feature a robust industrial design, include Pro Tools Express software for Mac and PC, and connect directly to the iPad, providing high-quality I/O for supported iOS apps.
Key features include...
Pro Tools Express software
● Provides many of the same tools and features used in commercial recording studios.
● Records up to 16 stereo audio tracks and offers full MIDI editing and notation tools.
● Includes high-quality virtual instruments and effects for creating the best sounding work.
● Facilitates time, tempo and pitch adjustments with Elastic Time and Elastic Pitch.
● Users get session compatibility with Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD systems.
Fast Track Solo and Duo hardware
● Provides ideal form factor for home, studio, and mobile applications.
● Features a rugged metal chassis and reinforced controls and jacks, offering protection against physical damage.
● Enables the capture of two sources simultaneously at 24-bit, 48 kHz resolution with high-quality mic preamps and inputs: Fast Track Solo includes one mic preamp and one instrument input, Fast Track Duo includes two mic preamps/instrument inputs and two line inputs.
● Allows direct monitoring while recording without latency.
● Enables users to create anywhere on Mac or PC with the Bus-powered USB port.
● Allows direct iPad connection with tablet port — No iPad Camera Connection Kit needed.
“Today’s aspiring songwriters and musicians want a high-quality, affordable recording solution that’s portable enough to let them create wherever they are,” said Dana Ruzicka, vice president of Segment and Product Marketing at Avid. “Providing access to the industry-standard Pro Tools family, Fast Track Solo and Duo deliver this capability like nothing else on the market today.”