World renowned for artful custom tandems that are peerless in performance and quality, Calfee Design says the new “Witness" Fully Active Full Suspension Off-Road tandem frame will fit the team, be very light, absorb shock, but it will handle crisply afforded by lateral stiffness and refined synergistic Full Suspension Geometry derived from Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles' 25 years of MTB Geometry experience.
Calfee’s hand built in the USA Carbon front end mated to Ellsworth's Energy Efficient ICT Fully Active Rear End delivers
undiminished applied pedal power to the drive train. Calfee custom builds this beauty to resists corrosion, the elements and fatigue, and be durable and strong enough to stand up to unexpected impacts and torsion forces. The Calfee Ellsworth ICT Witness custom tandem frame leverages the intrinsic attributes of the carbon fiber material and Ellsworth’s proven Energy Efficient, Fully Active ICT Suspension to redefine and expand your tandem experiences. The Calfee-Ellsworth Witness is available as a 27.5” — MSRP $8,295 — and ordered as a custom-build 29” for a $500 up charge.
● All frames have 36.8cm (14 ½”) bottom bracket heights and 42.5cm chainstays
● Wheel/tire size for this chart: 27.5” (650B) wheel size with 2.25” (57mm) tire
● Wheel/tire size changes standover and bottom bracket heights: 700 x 38 (+1cm), 27.5” (650B) x 42mm (-1cm)
● Review technical drawings of each frame type and size, including stack and reach metrics, here.
● Review a geometry table and product summary here.
● Energy-efficient ICT suspension (by Ellsworth, Instant Center Tracking)
● Compatible with electronic drivetrains
● Internal wire and cable routing
● Off Road Tandem, Full Suspension, retails for $8,295