TiVo has unveiled the biggest DVR it has ever made, TiVo Mega. TiVo Mega boasts 24 terabytes of recording space, the equivalent of over 26,000 hours of TV. The whole home capable TiVo Mega marries unprecedented storage with the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand, streaming services and web-based television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
"Size matters. People hate being forced to delete cool stuff from their DVR before they want to or finding a TV show they had recorded is now gone. Now, with TiVo Mega they can always know their show or movie is still there to watch later," said Ira Bahr, CMO at TiVo. "TiVo Mega offers more than twelve times the storage of any cable or satellite DVR. TiVo Mega is the solution for the power user who wants to record everything. We salute you and enjoy!"
A rack-mountable appliance with 30 times the capacity of most cable or satellite DVRs and user-swappable drives, TiVo Mega features six tuners that can record a multitude of content simultaneously and support the TiVo Mini for the ultimate whole-home solution. Users can stream live TV or recordings to their smartphones and tablets and even download programming to enjoy for offline playback.
● Storage: 24 Terabyte RAID 5 HDD
● Six tuners
● Streaming live and recorded TV to smartphones and tablets anywhere: Built-in stream transcoding
● Multi-room: Whole home capable
● 26,000 hours of SD recording space, approximately 4,000 hours of HD recording space
● Free application for smartphones and tablets
● Hot user-swappable drives, offering protection from data loss