Sage Cycles, handcrafted designer and Made in America manufacturer of titanium bicycles, has announced its 2014 titanium cyclocross model — the PDXCX — is now available, according to David Rosen, founder of Sage Cycles, headquartered in Portland, OR., and founded in 2012.
“Our PDXCX frames are designed to handle the most challenging terrain you will find in either a Cyclocross race, gravel road ride, or even on singletrack,” said Dave Rosen. “The bike’s geometry and ride characteristics have been designed to inspire rider confidence and to aggressively roll over anything in front of you. The PDXCX is born out of our experience as riding enthusiasts and racers — with the goal of producing a great, high performance bike that meets the demands of today’s riders."
Sage Cycles’ PDXCX cyclocross bike is available in four models priced from $4,350 to $7,100. Sage Cycles focuses on the quality of the bike and the ride — beginning with the company’s Complete Quality Control Inspection process which is performed on every frame that is supplied to dealers. Each frame is made from 3/2.5 Aerospace Grade Titanium Tubing and is meticulously checked for alignment tolerances and overall weld quality. After the frame has passed inspection, Sage personally installs head badge and decals to each bicycle.
“Sage Cycles is freedom to explore. Innovation, individuality and experience are at the heart of our hand assembled bicycles,” said Rosen. “Stronger and lighter, the titanium frame gives your ride a level of comfort and responsiveness unlike any other and offered to our customers at attractive price points that today set the bar for full titanium bicycles in North America.”
● Frame is Made in the USA
● Sage Custom wheels are handbuilt in Portland, OR by our professional wheelbuilder- TFK Wheels
● 44mm head tube allows you to run either a straight 1-1/8 steerer or a tapered steerer fork
● 3-2.5 Titanium provides exceptional corrosion resistance, durability, and smooth ride qualities
● Disc brake only- hydraulic line ready
● Ovalized top tube increases lateral stability and comfortable shouldering of the bike
● Oversized tube set provides efficient power transfer
● Integrated fender mounts at drop-outs and bridges
● Top pull and down pull front derailleur compatible
● English threaded bottom bracket
● 31.6mm seat post
● HiFi EP Tubular wheel option available for additional upcharge
● SRAM and Campagnolo drivetrain options available.