NETGEAR, a global networking company recently announced a breakthrough in self-monitored home security with its new Arlo Smart Home Security Camera.
Arlo is the first and only 100 percent wireless WiFi security camera with crystal-clear, high definition video. Monitor your home from every possible angle, inside or out, with these outdoor-ready cameras that are equipped with night vision to give you HD video around the clock. The combination of easy installation, battery-operated true wireless design, and weatherproof construction provides you with the ability to set up a camera wherever you want, without worrying about finding a power outlet or the hassle of inconvenient power cords. The clean compact design of the Arlo camera – smaller than a bar of soap – takes up minimal space so you can easily and discreetly place them where you want – from the baby’s room to the tree trunk in the front yard, or on the backyard fence.
Arlo’s real-time notifications give you peace of mind that your home, children, pets, car, vacation rental, small business, or any other site of importance, is being monitored. You’ll get email or app notifications with best-in-class cloud access on your smartphone or tablet. With the intuitive free Arlo app, you can watch live streamed or recorded videos, see motion event recordings, customize activity alerts and arm/disarm motion-sensors. Arlo will alert you instantly if an event occurs, and you can tap into as many as four simultaneous camera streams to watch from your desktop, notebook computer or favorite mobile device. You’ll never again have to wonder if your children arrived home safely, if the package was delivered as planned, whether you left the garage door open, or what (or who) is getting into your trash bins at night!
The Arlo Smart Home Security Camera Kit Includes
● Two HD outdoor cameras equipped with motion sensors and night vision capability
● Smart home base station that can also “talk” to other connected devices
● Four magnetic dome mounts for securing each camera wherever you need them
● 200 MB of free cloud storage for videos
● Free apps for displaying and managing the cameras and video
● Access via popular browsers on Mac computers and PCs
“With the explosive growth and early adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), consumers are telling us they value smart devices that help them monitor property and loved ones to give them peace of mind,” said Pat Collins, vice president of smart home products at NETGEAR. “But not everyone needs a professionally-monitored, expensive security system with 24/7 surveillance, and on-call personnel. Furthermore, people want to place cameras in places where a power outlet is difficult to come by. Arlo is the only camera that can deliver secure monitoring in HD, without the need for a power outlet at all. Because the camera is battery operated, you can take it anywhere inside a perimeter of up to 150 feet from the base station. Because it’s easy to initialize with a push of a button, setup is super easy.”
Thirteen percent of U.S. broadband households have a smart-home connected device and nine percent of U.S. broadband households express a willingness to purchase a smart security camera with advanced features, according to research from Parks Associates, a market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services.
“The smart home industry has seen a major spike in the development of intelligent devices as companies aim to help consumers do more based on their lifestyle needs, preferences and desires,” said Stuart Sikes, president of Parks Associates. “Arlo Smart Home Security brings home security to the 21st century, creating a safer environment for consumers.”
The Arlo camera is designed to enable devices to communicate with one another and even act as triggers for other connected devices. NETGEAR is partnering with innovative IoT device manufacturers to further enhance the Arlo Home Security Camera. To that end, NETGEAR has formed a partnership with LiFX, a provider of WiFi and mesh radio enabled, multi-color, LED light bulbs. The integration of LiFX light bulbs will bring endless manipulation of home lighting to Arlo customers. Stay tuned for the exciting developments of this partnership and others in early 2015.
● Patented 100 percent wire-free design for easy placement and convenient relocation
● HD detail (720p resolution) with a wide 130-degree field of view to catch the activities you need to see
● Night vision for crystal-clear images even in the dark
● Robust, weatherproofed double-shell case for maximum protection
● Motion sensors activate customizable alerts for real-time email or app notifications
● Easy setup with magnetic mounts for installing multiple cameras in minutes
● Compact, discreet form factor for inconspicuous placement
● Ultra-low power consumption with long-lasting battery life up to 6 months
● Secure cloud storage infrastructure and up to four concurrent camera streams
● Free apps for iOS, Android, tablets and the Kindle