ReSound has announced from the International CES in Las Vegas that the world’s smartest hearing aid technology found in the ReSound portfolio of smart hearing aids will be available on the Android platform via the ReSound Smart app. Initially compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S5, one of the world’s most popular Android smart phones, ReSound’s smart hearing aids will expand to include other Android devices later in 2015.
This revolutionary hearing aid capability, previewed at CES in January 2014 and launched one month later, allows users to tailor their hearing experience to match their personal preferences and needs in a way that’s both discreet and easy. ReSound’s smart hearing aids are also Made for iPhone and are compatible with Apple’s iOS line of devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch).
ReSound has returned to CES in 2015 to showcase its revolutionary and expanding portfolio of smart hearing solutions at the world’s leading consumer technology showcase. This year’s activities will include preview demonstrations of the ReSound Smart app on the Samsung Galaxy S5 in addition to ReSound’s compatibility with Apple’s iOS-enabled devices.
ReSound smart hearing aid settings are customizable and can be adjusted through the ReSound Smart app, all based on personal preference and listening environment. ReSound Smart, available for download on Google Play in February 2015, allows users to:
● Set preferred volume levels
● Adjust treble and bass settings
● Geo-tag frequently visited places – such as home, work, favorite restaurants and more – to automatically update profiles and adjust to specific acoustics
● Employ the ‘Find My Hearing Aids’ function to pinpoint hearing aids if misplaced
● Check hearing aid battery levels
● Sync hearing aids with other ReSound devices (such as the ReSound Unite TV Streamer)
“We were so pleased to introduce ReSound’s smart hearing aid technology to the Apple community earlier this year. And now, with an entirely new set of Android users having access to the same discreet and customized hearing experience, we’re making great headway toward our commitment to enhance accessibility for people with hearing loss,” said Kim Herman, President of ReSound U.S. “Compatibility with Android devices like the Samsung Galaxy S5 will mean that our groundbreaking hearing aid technology can now be utilized by even more of the millions of people seeking new and better solutions to address their hearing loss.”
In addition to its smartphone compatibility, a number of industry-leading technologies are found in ReSound’s portfolio of smart hearing solutions, including ReSound LiNX, ReSound LiNX TS for those with tinnitus, and ReSound ENZO, for those with severe to profound hearing loss, that make them the best hearing aids available:
● ReSound applies the latest and most advanced version of Surround Sound by ReSound – an integrated sound processing technology providing top-rated quality sound. Both of a user’s hearing aids communicate with one another to allow for surround sound processing, and a richer, fuller hearing experience. This smart functionality allows for the best user experience particularly when transitioning from various listening environments.
● Included in ReSound’s portfolio of smart hearing aids are the smallest wireless Receiver-in-the-Ear hearing aids brought to market by GN ReSound, yet powerful enough to address nearly all levels of hearing losses.
● ReSound’s unique 3rd generation 2.4 GHz wireless technology, based on the all new SmartRange chipset, is the foundation of this latest technological breakthrough. ReSound’s smart hearing aids were the first on the market to integrate SmartRange with Bluetooth Smart technology.
ReSound offers direct streaming of sound from iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch), allowing wearers to utilize their hearing aids to talk on the phone and listen to music in high-quality stereo sound. Android users are encouraged to utilize the ReSound Phone Clip+ for this enhanced set of streaming capabilities to their ReSound hearing aid.
This revolutionary advance in hearing aid technology is available through a global network of hearing care professionals. Consumers can find more information about ReSound’s portfolio of smart hearing aids on resoundlinx.com.