Samsung Electronics has continued its expansion in the fitness wearable market with the global unveiling of the Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX. Each product is designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, and includes features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offer accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout. The Gear IconX are truly cord-free earbuds that can track fitness information and provide users with feedback on their running performance. Both the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimized to benefit users’ various fitness levels, whether they are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighborhood.
“Living a healthy lifestyle is a top priority for consumers to enjoy fulfilling lives. Our wearable technology can enhance existing routines and blend fitness and fun. The Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are specialized to easily address these needs, ultimately allowing users to get more out of their fitness experiences and everyday activities,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
Gear Fit2 Features
● Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use
● Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for easy fitness monitor, or checking and responding to text message notifications
● Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
● With Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing machine or elliptical trainer
● Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, and provides ‘Step Challenges,’ for 1:1 competition with your friends
● The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
Gear IconX Features
● Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, and can be activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears
● Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, and easily syncs with S Health
● Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience
● With Bluetooth capability and an internal storage that can play up to 1,000 MP3s, users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music