Lumio is very simple and intuitive. The lamp automatically turns on and off as you open and close the cover. When Max Gunawan decided to pivot and translate the concept into a folding lamp, it was a natural progression to use the form of the sketchbook as a way to package the lamp. That's how Lumio was born. A flexible and durable spine design allows you to control brightness by adjusting the angle without a switch or button. Lumio eliminates the hassle of walking across the room to find a light switch.
Like a laptop computer, you can plug in Lumio and use it as a permanent fixture. The built-in battery can be re-charged through a power connector located discreetly on the spine of the book. It is as simple as "plug and play." Lumio performs like a permanent light fixture with the added versatility of being portable. Fold Lumio into a compact book and take it with you as a lightweight portable lamp. At just one pound and with 8 hours of continuous life, Lumio provides beautiful lighting on the go and stows away compactly when unused.
Lumio is crafted with a blend of environmentally friendly materials and high performing technology. Its cover is made of FSC certified wood (in 3 finishes) and the body of the lamp is made of 100% recyclable, water resistant Tyvek. The "core" of Lumio is comprised of high output LED lights and long lasting Lithium Ion battery.
● Dimensions: 8.5” tall x 7” wide x 1.25” thick
● Weight: approx. 1 lb
● Cover material: FSC certified wood in 3 finish options - Dark Walnut, Warm Cherry and Blonde Maple
● Cover magnet: Super strong Neodymium magnets built into the cover
● Lamp body material: 100% recyclable, water resistant Tyvek
● Light source / brightness: High output LED / 500 lumen (slightly brighter than 40w bulb)
● Light temperature: 2700K (warm white)
● Battery specs: Rechargeable Lithium Ion
● Battery life: 8 hours battery life with constant use
● Power: [UPDATE] Universal USB charger (included)