A Time Magazine Invention of the Year winner, LifeStraw contains no chemicals, no batteries and no moving parts to wear out. It features a a high flow rate and weighs only 2oz! It is perfect for the ultralight backpacker, camper, hiker, traveler, boy scout, hunter or for emergencies. Unlike many similar filters on the market today, LifeStraw has met EPA standards for water filtration in independent testing. LifeStraw has been used around the world under extreme conditions and for humanitarian relief.
● Removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria per manufacturer.(>LOG 6 reduction)
● LifeStraw offers easy access to clean and safe drinking water away from home!
● Filters up to 1000L of contaminated water per the manufacturer.
● Removes a minimum of 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites per manufacturer.
● Reduces water turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns.
The LifeStraw Personal Water Filter does not filter chemicals, salt, viruses, heavy metals, and taste. And has a shelf life of 5 years! It takes roughly 3-5 seconds of sucking to start the flow of water through the filter. While you can drink directly from puddles or streams, it's easiest to scoop water with your wide-mouthed water bottle and drink from it using the LifeStraw. When new, the filter membrane is very dry. Uncap the top and bottom caps and insert the base of the straw into the contaminated water. Let it sit for 30 seconds for water to creep up the membrane, then take 5 strong sucks to get the water flowing. When done drinking, blow a breath of air back down into the LifeStraw to purge the water out, shake, then recap. If you drink from murky water and the water flow stops, blow back into it to purge the water and mud from the filter. When you return home from a hiking trip, drink some tap water with the LifeStraw, purge the filter by blowing back into it, then leave it to dry with the caps off.