Shopify POS is a point of sale system designed to let anybody easily sell in-store in addition to online. Before Shopify POS, merchants who wanted to run an online store as well as a brick-and-mortar retail store had to keep track of two sets of inventories, two product catalogs, and two payment systems. Shopify POS uses the same easy-to-use online store management system as its ecommerce platform, allowing merchants to manage all aspects of their business from one place. They can add a product or update inventory on one side of the system, and it is instantly updated across the board – creating an organized, seamless integration between selling online and selling in-store.
Besides offering unprecedented synchronization between online and in-store retail, the system is easy to use, and offers a number of unique features and benefits, including:
● Mobile credit card processing: The Shopify card reader lets merchants take their store on the road. With a card reader plugged into an iPad, orders can be taken and payment is accepted from anywhere.
● One payment solution: Shopify’s groundbreaking payment system lets merchants instantly process credit cards both online and in-store. Shopify charges low credit card rates, offers no fees for processing American Express or international credit cards, and no fees for included PCI Compliance protections.
● Complete hardware kit: The Shopify Hardware Kit includes a top-of-the-line receipt printer, cash drawer and credit card reader.
● Analytics and reporting: Merchants can clearly track information on sales, customers, visitors, and more from both sides of their business using their Shopify dashboard.
● Email receipts: Shopify POS lets store owners choose between printing an order receipt, or instantly sending a beautiful, customized version to customers through email.
“The future of modern retail is all about customer experience,” said McNamara. “Consumers want to buy in-store and have the product shipped to them. They want to buy online and pick it up in-store. They want flexibility. Shopify POS gives merchants the tools to easily and inexpensively offer their customers the shopping experience they want. That's the future of retail, and that's what Shopify is providing for merchants."