Amazon has unveiled a new $139 Kindle Fire HD which offers a 1280x800 216 ppi HD display, a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, Fire OS 3.0, dual speakers with Dolby audio, vast selection and Amazon-exclusive features like Prime Instant Video downloads, Second Screen, Kindle FreeTime, X-Ray and more.
● High-definition display with 1280x800 resolution and 216 pixels per inch, making movies, TV shows, books and games vivid and detailed. 66% more pixels than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
● Powerful, dual-core 1.5 GHz processor, 60% faster than the previous generation Kindle Fire.
● Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio—the standard in high-end audio.
● All-new slim design that matches the look and feel of the new Kindle Fire HDX.
● Fast streaming, downloads, and web browsing with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi.
● Powered by the latest version of Fire OS—Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito”—with hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates, and Amazon-exclusive services.
● Kindle FreeTime extends parental controls to give parents a simple, engaging way to manage the way kids use Kindle Fire—parents select content and set time limits by content type.
● Exclusive new features such as X-Ray for Music, Prime Instant Video downloads, Second Screen, expanded X-Ray for Movies and TV, and more.
● Stay connected and productive with all-new email, calendar, and Silk web browser.
● World's best content ecosystem—over 27 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks, and magazines.