The PROMISE Pegasus2 and SANLink2 are the world’s first storage solutions with Thunderbolt 2, a revolutionary technology from Intel that delivers blazing speeds of 20Gbps and allows for exceptional performance for creative workflows and 4K streaming and display environments. The Pegasus2 line of hardware RAID solutions provides blistering-fast transfer speeds that dramatically accelerate and simplify 4K workflows and offers industry-leading RAID protection in a sleek, compact, and portable enclosure at maximum Thunderbolt 2 data transfer rates. SANLink2, a Thunderbolt 2 to 8G Fibre Channel bridge, alleviates storage bottlenecks for desktop and portable computing systems by providing direct connectivity to an external Fibre Channel Storage Area Network (SAN) such as a VTrak x10 or x30 RAID storage system or a shared SAN filesystem for rich media video ingest and editing such as a VTrak A-Class.
Running bi-directionally at 20Gbps – twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt at 10Gbps – Thunderbolt 2 is a breakthrough technology for video creators and multimedia professionals because it allows for simultaneous transfer and display of high-bandwidth 3D and 4K video files, which often requires 15Gbps.
Pegasus2, the ideal external RAID storage solution, is available in 4-bay, 6-bay and 8-bay enclosures, and maximizes the available line rate of Thunderbolt 2 by providing blistering fast transfer speeds for a growing number of 4K applications. With two Thunderbolt 2 ports, 6 devices can be attached – allowing for daisy chaining of up to 6 Pegasus enclosure units, Apple Thunderbolt Displays, or Mini DisplayPort devices.
Pegasus2 is offered in the following configurations: R4 8TB RAID, R6 12TB RAID, R6 18TB RAID, R8 24TB RAID, and R8 32TB RAID.
● Supports maximum throughput allowed by Thunderbolt 2 interface
● Supports simultaneous streaming, editing, and backup of 4K video
● Dual Thunderbolt portsfor daisy chaining
● Hot-swappable drive bays for effortless drive access and serviceability
● Portable hardware RAID protection for offsite shoots
● Massive storage capacity for backing up creative projects and digital libraries
● Thunderbolt cableincluded
SANLink2 is a portable device bridge which provides dual 8Gbps Fibre Channel ports and dual 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 ports and can be used to connect Thunderbolt 2 systems directly to a high-speed Fibre Channel SAN, such as the PROMISE VTrak x10 or x30 RAID storage system or a VTrak A-Class shared SAN storage appliance for scale out capabilities and real time raw video HD/4K footage ingest, editing, and collaboration. SANLink 2 enables connectivity that provides flexibility to 4K workflows by removing limitations of systems previously unable to connect directly to a Fibre Channel SAN, and is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1.
● Enables Fibre Channel connectivity on systems with a Thunderbolt 2 port
● Dual 8Gbps Fibre Channel Ports
● Dual 20Gbps Thunderbolt 2 ports with DisplayPort and device daisy-chain support
● Supports OS X and OS X Server
● Supports Xsan and StorNext filesystems
● Supports all VTrak storage subsystems (4 & 8 Gbps Fibre Channel)
● Thunderbolt cable included
The Pegasus2 Series is available as a 4-bay, 6-bay or 8-bay RAID enclosure starting in November. Pegasus2 can be purchased from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com) and through the PROMISE global network of distributors and value added resellers. SANLink2 will be available in December.