Remember when you were young and used to watch Duck Tails, Scrooge McDuck would drive in and out of this money bin. Well now that can be you. A bank safe swimming pool containing 8 Million real Swiss coins currently located in Basel Switzerland is up for auction. This is the original bank safe from the former "Schweizer Volksbank" and known to be one of the finest Swiss piece of craftwork in the early 20th Century. It is in very good shape and still usable as a bank deposit safe. It will be removed from it's original location and be replaced anywhere in the world. You'll freely decide what happens with it.
The coins in this safe already have a celebrity status: They were dumped out publicly at the national square in Berne, Switzerland on 4th October 2013. With no security and no boundaries. This event had a strong international impact from Las Vegas via Moscow and Dubai to China. Triggering international and national debates for example in The New York Times, Frankfurter Allgemeine and Russia Today.
This is not just an investment in a historical, exclusive and certainly unique object but also an investment in a global cultural impulse.
Original Swiss Bank Deposit Safe
● Year of contruction: 1912
● Swiss handmade craftsman piece of work
● Total of 1619 deposit boxes
● All keys available
● Dimensions: total length: 22.3m; height: 2.2m; width: 0.54m
●Containing 5 Elements
● Current room dimensions: 9.38 x 4.87
● Boxes and lockers are a handmade fabrication of steel and brass
● Plinth elements of marble
● Additional middle corpus is already in the Swiss National Museum in Zurich
● 8 Million pieces of Swiss 5 cent coins ("Rappen")
● 15 tons of "liquid" money
● Dimension of the money: 6m3
● Alloy: Copper 92% / Aluminium 6% / Nickel 2%
● Caliber: 17,15 mm, Weight: 1,80 g, Thickness: 1,25 mm