When there's no entry fee but sore legs, and stunning views come for free, devout trail runners find their rewards. Patagonia's ultra-light, slim-fitting Houdini Jacket can help, with its weather-resistant 100% nylon ripstop fabric that breathes, blocks wind and withstands abrasion on multi-hour adventure runs.
The slim fit allows for a baselayer or light midlayers, the hood cinches with a single pull and won't pinch your ears, and the cording, toggles and elastic cuffs are all trim and lightweight. Half-elastic cuffs seal the wrists, and a drawcord cinches the hem. It packs snugly into its own small zippered chest pocket, which has a reinforced clip-in loop for attaching to your hydration-pack straps.
A DWR (durable water repellent) finish coats the shell and the center-front zipper. With a reflective logo on the left chest and center back neck.
● Featherweight 100% nylon ripstop, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
● Zippered chest pocket converts to stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
● Hood adjusts in one pull, won't block peripheral vision
● Durable half-elastic cuffs; drawcord hem
● Reflective logo on left chest and center-back neck
● Can be worn over baselayers and light midlayers
● 1.2-oz 10-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
● 113 g (4 oz)