Bringing High Res portable music to consumers, Onkyo announced the retail availability of its new digital audio player, the DP-X1. The new player will be MQA-enabled via a free update to its native Music app, making it one of the world’s first portable digital audio players compatible with the Meridian's encoding technology.
When listening to MQA on the DP-X1, the MQA display indicates that the product is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file and a green light signifies that the sound is identical to that of the source material. MQA Studio shows a blue light when it is playing a file which has either been approved in the studio by the artist/producer or has been verified by the copyright owner.
Based on Android OS, the DP-X1 digital audio player supports many High Res audio formats, up to DSD 11.2MHz, 384kHz/24bit FLAC/WAV audio files, and MQA. With web-stores available in the U.S., Germany and the United Kingdom, OnkyoMusic is a leading hi-res digital music provider, which provides all downloads as FLAC and MQA. FLAC is an audio format that compresses audio without any loss in quality.
With years of experience in building audio components, Onkyo says the DP-X1 feature many design initiatives dedicated to “Pure Sound”. To isolate sources of internal noise, the audio circuit and CPU circuit are built on separate boards. The audio circuit features the ESS Sabre ES9018 DAC and 9601 amp in a dual setup with a 2.5mm/4 pole jack for fully balanced output with support for normal BTL balanced and Active Control GND drive, a first for this product category.
With the ability to expand its storage up to 432GB and access to Google Play (through a Wi-Fi network), the DP-X1 was built for expansion beyond the built-in functions. Bob Stuart, MQA’s creator, commented on the Onkyo launch. "We are very excited to launch MQA on the Onkyo DP-X1. The MQA sound on the portable player is truly breathtaking. With more MQA music in the market very soon, Onkyo customers will be among the first to truly experience the wonders of MQA. It’s an exciting time for MQA partners and music lovers everywhere."
● DAC & HP Amplifier- two ESS SABRE DAC ES9018K2M & two Headphone AMP SABRE 9601K with two types of balanced drives: ACG and BTL, for greater stability and clean, crystal clear sound; Balanced Output- 150 mW + 150 mW (Balanced / 1kHz, THD=1%, 32);
● Sampling Rates & Bits are 11.2MHz/ 5.6MHz/ 2.8MHz / 1 bit 44.1k/ 48k/ 88.2k/ 96k/ 176.4k/ 192k/ 352.8k/ 384k 16bit/ 24bit(32 bit float/integer can be played down converted to 24 bit)
● 2.5mm 4-pole (for balanced output) and 3.5mm 3-pole output; standard balanced and active control ground (ACG) Modes
● Support for up to 432GB of Storage- internal storage / RAM 32 GB Included Android OS system area (RAM: 2 GB); extended storage 400 GB via two 200 GB Micro SD Card Slots;
● Playable Audio Formats are DSD/ DSF/ DSD-IFF/ FLAC/ ALAC/ WAV/ AIFF/ Ogg-Vorbis/ MP3/ AAC /MQA (MQA requires update);