This is it. No silly stories, no funny antidotes (to infectious anecdotes). HAL 9000 captivated us when we first read about him and saw him on the screen. And now, we can have the most movie-accurate HAL 9000 replica ever made.
The HAL 9000 Life-Size Replica wasn't just based on memories. This replica is based on the actual studio blueprints, even down to the original studio files for the HAL 9000 label. In the film, the lens was a very rare and expensive Nikkor fish-eye lens. The HAL 9000 Life-Size Replica features a custom-ground replica, with a sticker of the writing on the Nikkor lens (in case you want your HAL to be accurate down to the close-ups).
But wait, there's so much more. Of course the HAL 9000 Life-Size Replica has a red LED eye. And of course he talks (one of 15 movie quotes, randomly cycled through). But get this: HAL 9000 also responds to your voice. That's right, say something to HAL longer than 1.2 seconds, and it'll activate a sound clip. OR, point almost any IR remote at him and press a button for a sound clip. And which sound clips? Well, here are a few examples:
● "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do. This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."
● "You're going to find that rather difficult without your space helmet, Dave."
● Sings about a minute long rendition of "Daisy Bell."
It's time for you to buy a HAL 9000 Life-Size Replica now. You deserve it. Just don't confuse his programming, okay? You wouldn't like him when you confuse his programming.
HAL 9000 Life-Size Replica
● The most movie-accurate HAL 9000 replica ever created.
● Based on the blueprints and studio files from the 1968 movie (keep in mind the prop was made before the movie release, hence the blueprints were from 1967).
● Machined in 6061 aircraft-grade aluminum. Black components are anodized.
● Custom-ground glass lens with red LED eye (sticker included to make this lens have the Nikkor wording as seen in some close-ups).
● Digital sound randomly cycles through 15 phrases from the film.
● Trigger HAL's speech by talking to him (must talk for over 1200 Ms (1.2 seconds) to trigger voice activation) or by pressing a button on most IR remote controls.
● Did we mention this is frickin' HAL 9000?
● Rotate the lens ring to activate.
● Two minute auto-shutoff (to conserve battery) (or point an IR remote at it and hold button for 4 seconds).
● Easily mounts to wall (wall mounting hardware not included).
● Hand-assembled to make sure they are perfect.
Batteries: 1 9-volt (included).
Weight: approx. 2 lbs.
Dimensions: 13.6" x 4.6" x 1.125" (exact to the movie blueprints)