Claimed as the finest down parka ever made. The Encapsil Down Belay Parka is 100% independently baffled and differentially cut, and insulated with Patagonia’s Encapsil down – a proprietary, plasma-treated, water-repellent down with an unprecedented fill-power of 1000.
Now, even in burly alpine conditions, you can rely on the warmth and comfort that only down offers: The Encapsil Down Belay Parka, an uncommonly beautiful work of design, engineering and function, is one of the best down parka ever made. And it’s the first of its kind – a 100% independently baffled, differentially cut parka without a single shortcut or “cheat.” Weighing in just north of 18 ounces (518 grams), it’s insulated with Patagonia’s proprietary, plasma-treated, water-repellent Encapsil down that carries an unprecedented fill-power of 1000. The result is an incredibly warm parka for its light weight.
● Ultralightweight 100% nylon shell fabric with a polyurethane dry coating has excellent water repellency
● Helmet-compatible, baffled hood has a single drawcord that creates a small draft collar of down around the face
● Variegated baffles are smaller in high-compression areas, like the shoulders and the small of the back, to keep the down from shifting; double-baffle wind flap completely seals out cold and wind
● Exterior handwarmer pockets are independently insulated to retain precious warmth, even with the pocket zippers open; the high position keeps them away from the harness line; large interior mesh pockets placed toward the back reduce bulk in front
● Flexible, low-profile cuffs sit soft on the arm and easily push up and out of the way; regular fit accommodates layers
● Unique pull-system at hem lets you adjust drawcord from inside or out; drawcord won’t dangle or snag on harness, rocks or branches. Mini snowskirt keeps out wind and snow from below
● The Encapsil Down Belay Parka is a numbered, limited edition garment which should serve you beautifully for years to come. Please read our recommended care and cleaning instructions here. Download Encapsil Cleaning Instructions
● Shell: 0.85-oz 10-denier Pertex® Endurance fabric 100% nylon ripstop with a polyurethane dry coat. Baffles: 0.3-oz 100% nylon mesh knit. Lining: 0.82-oz 10-denier Pertex fabric 100% nylon ripstop. Insulation: Encapsil™ 1000-fill-power premium European goose down
● 518 g (18.28 oz)